Learn how to download, install, and activate trend micro install new computer on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 PC.
The solution is also applicable to the following scenarios:
- Your computer does not have a CD drive.
- You do not have or lost your Trend Micro CD installer.
- Your download link from the order confirmation email has already expired.
How to install trend micro on new computer?
- Check if your Windows PC meets the system requirements.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click TrendMicro_17.0_HE_Full.exe to run the installer.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Wait as Trend Micro checks if your computer is compatible for installation.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro Serial Number, check your serial number and subscription by logging in to your Trend Micro Account.
- If you receive the error message “Invalid Serial Number”, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Error: Invalid Serial Number.
- Read the Data Disclosure Notice, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Provide a computer name, then click Next.
- Type your email address, then click Next.
- Fill out the Account Information window, then click Next.
- Check the information that you provided, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- After activating, you will see the main console of Trend Micro Security.
- Your protection upon installation is configured for optimum protection so you don’t need to do anything.
As per Wikipedia, In June 2008, Trend Micro introduced Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, a cloud-client content security infrastructure that delivers global threat intelligence to protect customers from online threats, such as data-stealing malware, phishing attacks, and another web, email, and mobile threats. In 2012, Trend Micro added big data analytics to its Smart Protection Network. Big data analytics allow the network to use behavioral-based identification methods to identify new security threats. The network also combines in-the-cloud technologies with other client-based antivirus technologies to reduce dependency on conventional pattern file downloads on the endpoint. Threat information from Trend Micro’s Smart Protection Network is deployed in real-time to the company’s security software portfolio. Trend Micro’s report on the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation showed an increase in extortion attempts as organizations try to comply with EU privacy laws.